- "But a taste this bold don't need nothin' too fancy to help it shine through. So these days, I'm more likely to simply roast up my chandos and serve 'em alongside another dish in dire need of an extra boost in flavor."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Roasted Chando Peppers was a dish that contained roasted strips of orange chando peppers, which were a sweet variety of pepper that originated from the planet Chandrila. The dish also contained a smaller green ingredient. In 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for Roasted Chando Peppers in his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook.
In the book, Tuggs claimed that while working at Takodana Castle on the planet Takodana, he had usually used chando peppers to make fruit jelly; however, since the castle had been destroyed, he had generally roasted them instead, as the peppers' flavor did not need additional preparation. He would then serve the roasted peppers alongside other dishes that needed additional flavor, as he considered the peppers' flavor to be bold.
Behind the scenes
Roasted Chando Peppers was created as a recipe for the 2019 cookbook Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Marc Sumerak and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel. The out-of-universe recipe uses orange bell peppers and a filling made with white wine vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dried sage, a pinch of pepper, and rinsed capers.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary