- "Lieutenant! Get back to your station!"
"Just look! We won't survive. Even Hux is gone."
- ―Erich S. Datoo and Rodinon, as the latter flees the primary control fire room
Rodinon was a human male military officer who served as a lieutenant in the First Order. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Rodinon was stationed in the primary fire control room of the Starkiller Base superweapon under the command of Colonel Erich S. Datoo. During the Battle of Starkiller Base, when it became clear that the planet was going to be destroyed by the Resistance, Rodinon left his post and began to flee the bridge. Datoo demanded to know where he was going, but the lieutenant bluntly retorted that they would die if they did not evacuate, citing that even General Armitage Hux, the base's commanding officer, was gone, and then fled. The base exploded shortly after. While on the base, Rodinon wore a black uniform with four coded access cylinders. He had fair skin and red hair.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Rodinon first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in North America on December 18, 2015. He was portrayed by Richard Riddell. He was not identified beyond his rank in the film, but received a name in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. It is unknown if he actually managed to escape the destruction of Starkiller Base, as no other ships are seen leaving the explosion besides the Millennium Falcon and several T-70 X-wing starfighters.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Rodinon)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 44 (Weapons & Uniforms: Starkiller Base Personnel) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition