- "Copy, Rogue Leader."
- ―Wedge Antilles to Luke Skywalker
Rogue Leader was the callsign attributed to the lead pilot of the Rebel Alliance's starfighter squadron, Rogue Squadron. In honor of Jyn Erso and her crew's sacrifice at Scarif, Luke Skywalker ordered for the specific "Rogue One" designation that they used to be retired. This led to Luke flying instead as Rogue Leader. He used the callsign in the defense of Hoth's Echo Base when it was besieged by the Empire.
Behind the scenes
Star Wars: Battle Pod stated that an alternate title for the leader of Rogue Squadron was "Rogue One." However, the later short story Rogue Two in From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back established that the term "Rogue One" was retired. Being the more recent source, this article assumes Rogue Two is correct.
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- "Squad Goals, Part One"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 11
- "Squad Goals, Part 2"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 12
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. Imperial Walkers - Commander on Hoth"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- "Rogue Two"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia