- "As I explained to you earlier, I am quite convinced that 10,000 more systems will rally to our cause with your support, gentlemen."
- ―Dooku addresses Rogwa Wodrata and the other Separatists
Rogwa Wodrata was an important Holwuff senator of the Galactic Republic's Senate who supported the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Separatist Crisis. In 22 BBY, Wodrata attended a summit in the Stalgasin hive on the planet Geonosis in which the members of the Executive Separatist Council pledged their allegiance to Count Dooku, the head of the Confederacy. Shortly after the summit ended, the First Battle of Geonosis broke out between the Separatists and the Republic, beginning the Clone Wars. Wodrata had black eyes, brown skin, and hair. While on Geonosis, the senator wore a black robe.
Behind the scenes
Rogwa Wodrata first appeared in the 2002 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Originally, the character Toonbuck Toora appeared in the summit scene on Geonosis, portrayed by Hilton Howson, one of the film's creature artists. However, director George Lucas was not satisfied by the Toora costume's lack of expression and menace. He had the character replaced in post production with the more fearsome looking Wodrata, who was created by retooling an alien Jedi head and compositing it over Toora's face. The production staff nicknamed the character "Gator Head."
In the new Star Wars canon, Wodrata was identified in the December 2016 eighty-fourth issue of Star Wars - The Official Magazine. The name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used in the "Star Wars Q&A" section of the sixty-fifth issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and published on January 21, 2003.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars - The Official Magazine 84 (Database: War Win(ner)s)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, including Rogwa Wodrata's appearance, to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- "Ask Lobot" – Star Wars Insider 65