- "Liar, liar! I'm sick and tired of all this whining! Tell us what we want to know right now, or I will gut you like a Rokarian dirt-fish!"
- ―Ahsoka Tano, to Nute Gunray
In 21 BBY, during the ongoing Clone Wars, Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray, while being held prisoner aboard the Venator-class Star Destroyer Tranquility, was questioned by Jedi Master Luminara Unduli. Reasoning that he needed to be scared, Padawan Ahsoka Tano snapped at Gunray, threatening to gut him like a dirt-fish with her lightsaber if he did not cooperate, although she was not serious. While Tano's outburst made Gunray more cooperative, Unduli quickly responded, reminding the Padawan that the Jedi Order did not use terror.
Behind the scenes
The Rokarian dirt-fish was mentioned in "Cloak of Darkness," which first aired on December 5, 2008 as the ninth episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season. Subtitles on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition Blu-ray incorrectly spelled it as "Rokaria'n dirt fish."
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus) dates the events of "Cloak of Darkness," and therefore Ahsoka Tano's mention of the Rokarian dirt-fish, to 21 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition