- "You there! Can I interest you in a juicy ronto wrap? Best in this quadrant!"
- ―8D-J8 offers a ronto wrap to Remex Io
Ronto wraps were food items made from ronto meat served in a flat piece of bread called a ronto wrapper and topped with vegetables and a white sauce. They were available at podracing fanatic Bakkar's Ronto Roasters in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu and were cooked by the droid 8D-J8. The mechanic Salju and Resistance spy Vi Moradi both ordered ronto wraps while the former gave the latter a tour of the outpost. 8D-J8 once offered a ronto wrap to the Clawdite Remex Io, who turned it down.
A ronto wrap was a dish available at Ronto Roasters, a restaurant owned by the podracing fanatic Bakkar, in Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim planet Batuu. It contained a sausage link made from ronto meat that was grilled by the droid chef 8D-J8. Served in a flatbread called a ronto wrapper, it was topped with vegetables and a white sauce, with more meat underneath the ronto link. Bakkar also included a special spice blend that was a family secret. There was also a breakfast version of the dish called the Ronto Morning Wrap, and both versions were safe for humans to consume. Strono Tuggs, the chef at the neighboring Tuggs' Grub mobile eatery parked in Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, also had a version of the ronto wrap. The Artiodac willingly admitted that his version was not as good as Bakkar's, but claimed that the difference was hardly noticeable if the wrap was smothered in Emulsauce. He included his version of the recipe in his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook.
During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, the local mechanic Salju took the Resistance spy Vi Moradi on a tour of Black Spire Outpost, during which they stopped at Ronto Roasters and each ordered a ronto wrap. After the arrival of the First Order on Batuu, 8D-J8 offered a ronto wrap to the Clawdite Remex Io. Despite the droid claiming they were both juicy and the best in the quadrant, the criminal was unimpressed and declined the offer.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ronto wrap first appeared in the first issue of the 2019 Marvel Comics Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge comic series, which was written by Ethan Sacks, pencilled by Will Sliney, and released on April 24. The dish was originally created as a dining option for the Ronto Roasters restaurant location in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests on May 31, 2019 at Disneyland Park. The wrap was announced as part of a large press release on upcoming offerings for the theme park land on February 27, 2019. The official menu description for the ronto wrap is as follows: "Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, tangy Slaw, wrapped in Pita." Another recipe for the dish was released in the 2019 cookbook Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak.
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – BSO 401.72 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Ronto Roasters
- (First mentioned)
- "Launchpad"—Star Wars Insider 189
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Ronto Roasters
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Galaxy's Edge 1
- ↑ Ronto Roasters Menu. Disneyland® Official Site. Disneyland Resort. Archived from the original on July 16, 2019. Retrieved on July 16, 2019.