- "Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hmm?"
- ―Yoda, while serving Luke Skywalker rootleaf stew
Rootleaf stew was a favorite meal of Jedi Master Yoda during his exile on Dagobah. It was a staple of his diet, supplemented by yarum seeds, mushroom spores, galla seeds, and sohli bark. Yoda prepared rootleaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker.
Sometime following 0 BBY, a facsimile of rootleaf stew was available to spacers throughout the galaxy. It appeared to be made of a rich assortment of the swamp planet's unique flora. However, it was in fact made from fiberplast.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In an unusual promotional campaign for the Empire Strikes Back radio dramatization, National Public Radio hired Craig Claiborne, a renowned chef and food critic, to create a version of rootleaf stew that could be made with ingredients originating from Earth. The recipe was published in newspapers and magazines across the United States.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Indirect mention only)
- Rebel Force: Hostage
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Replica)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee (Mentioned only, as root stew)
- Star Wars: Ask Yoda
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization, Introduction
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (under rootleaf)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Price of Victory (Card: Yoda Soup Bowl Replica)