- "The most gracious Jabba has one more small condition: he demands you bring back the slime who kidnapped his little…punky muffin."
- ―TC-70, translating her master Jabba the Hutt
Rotta, nicknamed "Pedunkee Mufkin" (translated as Punky Muffin) by his father and also nicknamed "Stinky" by Ahsoka Tano, was a male Hutt and the son of Jabba the Hutt. During the Clone Wars, he was secretly kidnapped by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which was orchestrated by Count Dooku with help from Ziro, Rotta's great-uncle. The plot was meant to discredit the Jedi Order and scuttle negotiations between the Galactic Republic and the Hutts, but the Jedi were able to rescue him. He was kidnapped by Asajj Ventress and taken to the planet Teth. Then the Jedi came and got him. He then became sick and nearly died on his way to Tatooine, but survived thanks to Tano. After Skywalker and Tano evaded Dooku, who tried to kill Rotta and blamed the Jedi, Rotta returned to his father.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rotta appears in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film, where he was vocalized by David Acord. Per Supervising Director Dave Filoni's initial series concept, Rotta was intended to be a character in the series alongside his father, Jabba. The concept was later developed into the theatrical film.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Mentioned only)
- "The Lost Nightsister"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Skiff Guards)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Weapons & Uniforms: Terror of the IG-100s)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition