- "Worried about losing your finder's fees? Now thats not fair! You know I worry about you!"
- ―Jango Fett and Rozatta
Rozatta (known affectionately as Roz) was a female Toydarian and good friend of bounty hunter Jango Fett. She was also friends with fellow Toydarian Watto, a junk dealer situated on Tatooine. She was the owner of a space outpost called Outland Station, which played host to pit fighting games, among other underworld events.
For years, Rozatta owned the Outland Station and would assist the bounty hunter Jango Fett in finding bounties and sometimes even tell him where they were for her own small finder's fee.
Rozatta would call Jango Fett back to her station to secure the bounty of the Kalidorn, Meeko Ghintee, for various crimes. Meeko was on her station, cheating at the pit fighting games using a remote control to control his beast.
However, Meeko wasn't the only reason why Roz had called Jango back to Outland Station. A transmission had come for the infamous bounty hunter from a man named Tyranus. Tyranus made the proposition of giving Jango Fett five million Republic credits to locate and capture Komari Vosa, the leader of the Bando Gora.
Rozatta asked Jango not to take the bounty, explaining that it was too risky for him and could either make him or break him. She hoped that Jango would stop bounty hunting and just settle down, find a nice girl and have a kid. Jango ignored her warnings and Roz still gave Jango a lead to multiple bounties that might lead Jango to Komari Vosa.
Rozatta's hopes for Jango would spring back when he took on a partner named Zam Wesell. Commenting that she was quite a looker. Roz was disappointed later on when Zam betrayed Jango to Gardulla the Hutt. She'd comment to Jango that she'd hoped they'd get together.
- "I knew the risks. Get Vosa. Collect your reward. Just find something...something to live for besides the money. You deserve more. Now, go. Get out of here...while you still can. See you...on the other side...Jango."
- ―Roz's last words to Jango
Unknown to both Jango and Rozatta, the bounty hunter known as Montross was tracking Jango's transmissions and finding out his sources for the bounties. Montross infiltrated her station and forced Rozatta to give up all the information she had acquired about Komari Vosa. Montross left, but not without setting thermal charges around the station. When Jango discovered that Montross had gotten to Roz, he rushed back to rescue her. However, the Toydarian was beaten and broken and told Jango where Komari Vosa was. Then she gave Jango a recording device to lead him to Vosa and she also told him to live for something besides credits. Rozatta died there and Jango fled before Rozatta's body and station were blown up.
Jango Fett would honor Rozatta's final wishes when he had successfully beaten Komari Vosa and Tyranus offered him the chance to be the template for the Clone Army. Jango Fett would only agree if he could have the first clone to himself, unmodified.
Behind the scenes
- Rozatta wears unusual hats during the course of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. One of her many hats is actually a real-world high-heeled female shoe, that is upside down.
- In Bounty Hunter, Rozatta was voiced by Lucille Bliss.
- Rozatta repeats the line "I have a bad feeling about this" when trying to convince Jango not to try to go after Komari Vosa.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (First appearance)