It was one of 18 planets controlled by the Salliche Agricultural Corporation. The majority of Ruan's surface was farmland tended to as closely as a park, and kept as neat. Besides its favorable axial tilt and soil quality, Ruan's farming output was maximized by climate control, selective terraforming and crop engineering, and the use of labor droids.
- "Salliche is desirous of refugees, child, but not for the camps. They want us in the fields."
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Ruan was one of the few worlds to accept refugees. In fact, Salliche Ag took extensive measures to dispose of machines and essentially prepare the world for the invaders. Many refugees fled there, only to live in squalor. Must were employed as harvesters, substituting to the deactivated labor droids. This situation eventually led to a droid uprising.
- The Old Republic: Annihilation (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- "Recon & Report: The Journey to Coruscant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (First mentioned)