Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
A species of squat quadrupeds, runyips hailed from Yavin 4, the fourth moon of the gas giant Yavin. The creatures had antlered heads with a flexible nose, and their front toes bore a claw. Their coats had a characteristic pattern of black or dark brown stripes on a whitish background.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Runyips was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars, which was released in 2015. They first appeared in Electronic Arts' 2017 video game Star Wars Battlefront II. Runyips were first created for Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a supplement for West End Games' Star Wars Legends Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, which was written by Jonatha Ariadne Caspian and released in 1989.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (as leather)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (as leather)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (leather only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Databank A-Z: Xev Xrexus–Yavin 4)