Kirsch flew as Bravo Four during the Battle of Naboo, and entered into combat against an attack fleet of Vulture droids during an ambush against the Droid Control Ship Vuutun Palaa. After joining Ric Olié in an attack run, Kirsch was killed when the Vuntunn Palaa's turbolasers fired on his starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
This character, played by ILM Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll, continues the tradition of the in-cockpit death scene featured in several Star Wars space/air battles. Rya Kirsch is sometimes known as "Jet Porkins"—a reference to the pilot Jek Porkins, who had the first in-cockpit death during A New Hope.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Scrapbook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Bravo 4)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Lieutenant Rya Kirsch)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game: Phantom Menace (as Naboo pilot)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (NAB3, Naboo N-1 Starfighter) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 13
- "Immersive Menace!"—Star Wars Insider 131