Ryan Church is a Concept Design Supervisor at Lucasfilm. He has been behind many of the concepts shown on StarWars.com's Art of Revenge, and is known for his vehicle designs, upon which many of the vehicles in the latter two episodes of the prequel trilogy are based.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Ryan Church joined Industrial Light & Magic in the digital feature division in 1998. Shortly after the release of The Phantom Menace, he moved onto JAK Films, where he served as a Concept Design Supervisor on Episode II and Episode III, and a Senior Art Director in their post-productions.
In 2013, Church returned to ILM as a concept artist on Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Original designs[edit | edit source]
Ryan Church influenced the design of many of the worlds in Episodes II and III. Although he specializes in futuristic vehicles and spacecraft, his contributions run the spectrum of design, from planets to characters:
- Alderaan (Episode III appearance)
- Tantive IV (Episode III variation)
- Kashyyyk (Episode III appearance)
- Polis Massa
- Crab droid
- Buzz droid
- Octuptarra combat tri-droid
- Octuptarra magna tri-droid
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- The Art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- The Art of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Visionaries
- Star Wars Art: Concept
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker