- "My son, Civius, is working in that bunker over there. They refine a spice known as ryll that some people use as a recreational drug."
- ―Olivia Bain, to a spacer
The Ryll Smuggler Base, also known as the Ryll Smuggler Bunker, was a bunker located on the planet Corellia during the Galactic Civil War. It was the headquarters of the ryll smuggling ring of the Chirq Council.
- "Who supplies you with ryll?"
"All I know is that it's smuggled onto Corellia on small ships and unloaded at a bunker near here."
- ―A spacer and Vuul Sarlin
The Ryll Smuggler Base was located on the Vella plains, near the city of Kor Vella. By the time following the Battle of Yavin, the bunker was used by the ryll smuggling ring of the Chirq Council, best known as the Red Circle Gang. The ryll smugglers transported the spice onto Corellia on small ships and unloaded it at the bunker where they refined the spice. The ryll smuggling ring was led by the underboss Ubis Reendorr. The smuggler Ladonna Poe served as the contact of the ryll smuggling ring with Vuul Sarlin and his group of spice dealers in Kor Vella. Other smugglers based in the bunker included Jaryn Minoze and Oret Sturm.
Circa 1 ABY, the Corellian Security Force started an investigation against the ryll smuggling ring following the increase of spice traffic in Kor Vella. A spacer working for Lieutenant Cope questioned a spice addict known as Menchi Lerann. The man revealed that he bought his ryll from Vuul Sarlin. The spacer later interrogated Sarlin who was forced to reveal everything he knew about the ryll smuggling ring, including the location of the Ryll Smuggler Base. The CorSec therefore assaulted the bunker. The CorSec forces eliminated many ryll smugglers, including Ladonna Poe, and destroyed several crates of spice. They also discovered the existence of the Red Circle Gang from the smuggler's mainframe.
However, the CorSec operation was suddenly cancelled when the mayor of Kor Vella Deel Draav was assassinated. When the investigation demonstrated that the mayor was murdered by the Red Circle Gang, the CorSec focused on the ryll smuggling ring again. CorSec forces raided the Ryll Smuggler Base a second time and eliminated the underboss Ubis Reendorr. Thanks to Reendorr's access code, the CorSec was able to access the Red Circle Base nearby. The CorSec investigation eventually led to the disbandment of the Chirq Council.
Around the same time, a young man by the name Civius Bain got indebted to the ryll smugglers Jaryn Minoze and Oret Sturm and was forced to work for the smugglers. Civius Bain's mother, Olivia Bain, recruited a spacer who killed Minoze and Sturm in the Ryll Smuggler Base, allowing Civius to escape.
Behind the scenes
The Ryll Smuggler Base appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. The Ryll Smuggler Base was added to the game with the update named "Chapter 1: The Corellian Captives", published on June 8, 2006.
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Light Side scenario campaign)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Ryll Smuggling Ring) (backup link not verified!)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "CorSec Case Files: Ryll Smuggling Ring" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "CorSec Case Files: The Unlucky Mayor" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Smuggle Civius Bain from the Smugglers" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: The Elite Council" on Corellia