A hybrid between human and Theelin, Rystáll Sant was adopted by Ortolan musicians on Coruscant. She had an artistic personality, like many Theelin, and had a graceful dancer's body. She attracted attention from a variety of beings and was gifted a cape by a passing admirer, Syrh Rhoams. However, she was tricked into slavery by a lieutenant of the Black Sun criminal organization. Sant was later freed by Lando Calrissian, and her Ortolan parents arranged for her to perform as a singer and dancer with the Max Rebo Band.
Rystáll accompanied the band on more elaborate jobs. She had a long career that included singing in the palace of the crime lord Jabba the Hutt during the Galactic Civil War. Shortly before members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic rescued the captive Han Solo from Jabba's Palace, Sant and her fellow bandmates performed "Jedi Rocks" for Jabba's court. Her performance attracted the attention and affection of famed bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Personality and traits
Skills and abilities
Behind the scenes
- "Mara fans that have painstakingly freeze-framed all the palace footage have found a number of hopeful contenders: the redheaded dancing girl that flirts with Boba Fett, for instance. That's Rystáll."
- ―Pablo Hidalgo
Rystáll Sant first appeared in the 1997 Special Edition re-release of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, in which she was added into the dance number in Jabba's Palace. She was portrayed by dancer Mercedes Ngoh.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars LINE Webtoon
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I
- (First identified as Rystáll Sant)