S-threads, popularly known as Simu-Tunnels, were coordinated hyperspace matrices.
S-threads were extremely small Hyperspace tunnels used to ferry communications waves through. Due to their incredibly small dimensions, it was virtually impossible to intercept communications through an S-thread; the only way to do so was to attach a listening device to the Hyperwave transceivers responsible for managing information through the S-threads.
History[edit | edit source]
S-thread boosters were a technology used to open up hyperlanes where realspace conditions meant that none could naturally exist. Such boosters were used to create the Koros Trunk Line, the Byss Run and the Sanctuary Pipeline. However, they were considered an extremely expensive and inefficient technology.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Trouble with Squibs"—Star Wars Insider 67 (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Visual Guides (Chapter 3, Image 17)
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 85 (Homing Beacons)
- The Essential Atlas