The SLD-26 planetary shield generator was a deflector shield generator manufactured by CoMar Combat Systems and capable of protecting a small moon or a large space station with a near impregnable energy shield for an indefinite period of time. It was the model used by the Galactic Empire to protect the construction of the DS-2 Death Star over the forest moon of Endor.
The generator featured a base with a self-contained power station underneath the focusing dish, with the power station's power core being both efficient and sustainable by necessity. A large, concentric dish enabled large objects in space to be shielded, while eight smaller shield projectors lined the dishes edges, helping deliver an energy shield to protect an object in space. A large 'spike' emerged from the center of the focusing dish, which was in reality a positioning emitter antenna designed to help align the shield.
The shield also aided in keeping the Death Star II in a stationary orbit around Endor, causing massive geological disturbances.
- Forces of Destiny: The Leia Chronicles (Indirect mention only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Princess Leia - An Unexpected Friend"
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Ewok Escape"
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Appears in hologram)
- Shattered Empire 1
- Aftermath (Appears in flashback(s))
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as SLD-26 planetary shield generator)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Indirect mention only)