The SLD-26 planetary shield generator was a deflector shield generator manufactured by CoMar Combat Systems and capable of protecting a small moon or a large space station with a near impregnable energy shield for an indefinite period of time. It was the model used by the Galactic Empire to protect the construction of the Death Star II over the forest moon of Endor.
The generator featured a base with a self-contained power station underneath the focusing dish, with the power station's power core being both efficient and sustainable by necessity. A large, concentric dish enabled large objects in space to be shielded, while eight smaller shield projectors lined the dishes edges, helping deliver an energy shield to protect an object in space. A large 'spike' emerged from the center of the focusing dish, which was in reality a positioning emitter antenna designed to help align the shield.
The shield also aided in keeping the Death Star II in a stationary orbit around Endor, causing massive geological disturbances.
- Forces of Destiny: The Leia Chronicles (Indirect mention only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Ewok Escape"
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Appears in hologram)
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- Aftermath (Appears in flashback(s))
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as SLD-26 planetary shield generator)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Ultimate Star Wars New Edition