The SRB42 sublight engine was a sublight engine manufactured by Girodyne. It notably equipped the YT-1300 light freighter in a long strip known as a "wide bar engine". The Girodynes propel the YT-1300 via a fusion reaction that breaks down fuel into charged particles. The resulting energy created hurls from the vessel providing thrust, which is then directed via Thrust Vectors allowing the ship to change trajectories. The exhaust from the engine was mildly radioactive and extremely hot, capable of instantly incinerating built-up debris. CEC categorizes the exhausts as 'self-cleaning'. The engine was manufactured out of a Chromium and Titanium alloy to make it resistant to radiation and inter-dimensional shift stress.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Millennium Falcon Deluxe Book and Model Set (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- YT-1300 Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Millennium Falcon: A 3D Owner's Guide
- "The Millennium Falcon" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "The Final Order and the Battle of Exegol" – Star Wars Encyclopedia