SSA-1015 was one of the OOM security battle droids serving the Trade Federation aboard the Lucrehulk-class battleship Saak'ak during the Federation's blockade of the planet Naboo in 32 BBY. SSA-1015 was a member of the squad that was dispatched to destroy the remains of two Galactic Republic ambassadors, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, after it was presumed that they had been killed by poisonous dioxis gas that had been released into the ship's conference room. The Jedi managed to evade death by using the Force and destroyed SSA-1015, along with the rest of the squad.
SSA-1015 was a masculine-programmed OOM security battle droid built by Baktoid Combat Automata for the Trade Federation Droid Army. He was originally supposed to be designated SSA-101, but a mistake in production pushed him back to 1015.
In 32 BBY, the Trade Federation blockaded the planet of Naboo as an act of protest against the taxation of trade routes introduced by the Galactic Senate. SSA-1015 was one of many battle droids stationed aboard the Lucrehulk-class battleship Saak'ak.
Galactic Republic Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum sent two ambassadors—Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi—to Naboo to negotiate with the Federation. The Jedi boarded the Saak'ak and were escorted to the conference room, where they were told to wait for the Federation Viceroy, Nute Gunray. After Gunray was informed that the ambassadors were Jedi, he contacted his secret ally, the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, and asked how he should deal with them. Sidious told the Viceroy to get rid of the ambassadors, and Gunray ordered that the conference room be filled with poisonous dioxis gas.
SSA-1015 was a member of the OOM command battle droid OWO-1's squad of droids that was dispatched to destroy the Jedi's remains. However, Jinn and Kenobi, who had managed to survive the gas with the help of the Force, attacked the droids with their lightsabers, quickly destroying SSA-1015 and the rest of the squad.
SSA-1015 had bone-white and red plating. He utilized a standard E-5 blaster rifle and, like all B1 battle droids, stood 1.93 meters in height. His programming assured him that a Jedi could be subdued, a feat SSA-1015 failed to accomplish.
Behind the scenesEdit
SSA-1015 first appeared in George Lucas's 1999 film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Unnamed, he appeared briefly in the beginning of the film and was destroyed shortly after his introduction. The droid was identified as SSA-1015 in the 2001 Theed Palace Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: SSA-1015) (First identified as SSA-1015)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: SSA-1015)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3