The sabotage of the Endurance was planned and carried out by Boba Fett, who sought revenge on Mace Windu for killing his father. He first disguised himself as a clone trooper cadet nicknamed "Lucky" and went to the Endurance with the Clone Youth Brigade under the command of Sergeant Crasher.
His first attempt to kill Windu was to place a bomb in his quarters; however, this failed to kill the Jedi Master. He then attempted destroy the core command console. He succeeded, stunning a clone trooper in the process. The resulting explosion crippled the Endurance, sending it crashing into Vanqor. Fett and the clone cadets escaped in an escape pod when Aurra Sing and Bossk picked Boba up in the Slave I. Fett escaped with Sing and Bossk, and the cadets were later found by Anakin Skywalker. However, Windu was not killed.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown" (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 23 (PLO5, Clone Wars Ace Pilot) (Indirect mention only)