- "The Force is the light, the Force is the dark. Jedi choose the light, for all it reveals."
- ―C-3PO reading a passage from one of the texts
The sacred Jedi texts were a collection of books and scrolls kept within a uneti tree near the first Jedi Temple on the aquatic planet of Ahch-To. They were said to contain ancient scriptures, including the Aionomica and the Rammahgon, lost Jedi wisdom, and abilities. At least one of the books included a passage on how the Jedi chose the Light side of the Force.
Shortly after the destruction of Starkiller Base, Rey encountered Jedi Master Luke Skywalker on Ahch-To and was drawn to the texts after failing to convince him to return to aid the Resistance. He explained to her that the texts, like him, were all that remained of the Jedi religion. After Rey left the planet in hopes of redeeming Kylo Ren, Luke attempted to burn down the ancient tree along with the texts, and was aided in the endeavor by the Force spirit of Yoda, though Rey had already taken them with her aboard the Millennium Falcon, unknown to Skywalker. Shortly afterward, the protocol droid C-3PO assisted Rey in translating the texts.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Last Jedi: Rey's Journey
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi