Sadow was an ancient Sith Lord who, according to the quasi-historical Qel-Droma Epics, led the Sith Empire as Naga Sadow during the Great Hyperspace War against Empress Teta and the Jedi Order while also triggering the Cron Supernova. A likeness of Sadow was chiseled into the rock walls of the Sith Citadel on the Sith planet Exegol, and First Order Supreme Leader Kylo Ren heard Sadow's voice among the unintelligible whispers of several Sith Lords while confronting the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious on Exegol in 35 ABY.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Sadow was an ancient Sith Lord. According to the quasi-historical Qel-Droma Epics series of poems, Sadow was known as Naga Sadow and was active thousands of years before the time of Jedi Knight Ulic Qel-Droma. During that period, as the Epics claimed, the Sith Empire conducted an invasion that began the Great Hyperspace War. Empress Teta thus allied herself with the Jedi Order and defeated Sadow's forces, scattering them across the galaxy. The Qel-Droma Epics also claimed that Naga Sadow triggered stars in the Cron Cluster to form the Cron Supernova, subsequently leaving the nearby Jedi retreat planet Ossus barren and scarred.
Sadow numbered among several Sith Lords whose likenesses were chiseled into the rock walls of the Sith Citadel on the hidden Sith planet of Exegol, located in the Unknown Regions. Exegol also included a location called the Sadow escarpment. When the Supreme Leader of the First Order and master of the Knights of Ren, Kylo Ren, arrived on Exegol in 35 ABY to confront the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, he maneuvered through the Sith Citadel and recognized from his studies the rock statues of Sadow and some of the other Sith Lords. Ren also heard their unintelligible whispers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sadow was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Nexus of Power, a 2016 sourcebook for the Star Wars: Force and Destiny roleplaying game from Fantasy Flight Games. The character was originally introduced as Naga Sadow in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the first issue of the comic series Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - Dark Lords of the Sith, written by Tom Veitch and Kevin J. Anderson and released on October 4, 1994.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Nexus of Power (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as taking place one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of the film The Rise of Skywalker and its junior novelization must take place in 35 ABY.
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force