Sadow, known as Naga Sadow in the Qel-Droma Epics, was an ancient Sith Lord who at one point, according to the Epics, led the Sith Empire during the Great Hyperspace War against Empress Teta and the Jedi Order. Naga Sadow also triggered the Cron Supernova, decimating the rumored Jedi retreat world of Ossus and leaving it barren and scarred.
Sadow's likeness was chiseled into the rock walls on the hidden Sith world of Exegol, and his voice was among several unintelligible whispers of Sith Lords that were heard by Supreme Leader of the First Order and master of the Knights of Ren Kylo Ren when he confronted Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious in 35 ABY.
Great Hyperspace WarEdit
Sadow was an ancient Sith Lord who, according to the Qel-Droma Epics series of poems, was known as Naga Sadow and was active thousands of years before the time of Jedi Knight Ulic Qel-Droma. At this time, the Sith Empire conducted an invasion, which began the Great Hyperspace War. Empress Teta allied itself with the Jedi Order and defeated Sadow's forces, scattering them across the galaxy. The Qel-Droma Epics also claimed that the planet Ossus was a Jedi retreat that was annihilated when Naga Sadow triggered stars in the Cron Cluster nearby, becoming the Cron Supernova. The supernova left Ossus barren and scarred.
Sadow's likeness was chiseled into the rock walls of the Sith Citadel on the hidden Sith planet of Exegol, located in the Unknown Regions, by 35 ABY. When Supreme Leader of the First Order and master of the Knights of Ren Kylo Ren arrived on Exegol to confront Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, he maneuvered through the Sith Citadel and recognized a number of statues of Sith Lords from his studies that were etched into the walls.
Of those he recognized were the Sith Lords Locphet, Mindran, Sissiri, Felkor, and Sadow. While there, Ren also heard their unintelligible whispers, along with the familiar voice of Sidious, which he had been hearing since childhood. Sadow's name was shared with the Sadow escarpment, an ancient Sith redoubt on Exegol.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character was originally introduced as Naga Sadow in the Star Wars Legends continuity via the comic series Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, written by Tom Veitch and Kevin J. Anderson. Naga Sadow was first indirectly mentioned in Veitch's comic Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2, which was released on November 16, 1993, and first appeared in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force, which was authored by Veitch and Anderson, pencilled by Christian Gossett, and released on October 4, 1994.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Nexus of Power (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Nexus of Power establishes that Naga Sadow was a Sith Lord. Since Lord is the male equivalent of Lady, it can be deduced that Sadow was a male.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Nexus of Power
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as taking place one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of the film The Rise of Skywalker, and its junior novelization, must take place in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force