Saheelindeel was an agricultural world that was located in the Tion Hegemony, within the Outer Rim of the galaxy. It was a backwater world inhabited by the Saheelindeeli, a species of intelligent, green-furred primates.
The high festival on Saheelindeel was a time for tribal hunting rituals and harvest ceremonies, and recently began to incorporate farm machinery exhibits, shock-ball matches, and airshows in an attempt to become more technologically sophisticated. The Saheelindeeli, led by a matriarch, have an affinity for grandiose actions.
Above the planet, it was the place of one of many listening posts installed by the Galactic Empire in order to detect Rebel Alliance presence after the evacuation of Yavin 4. Although the post was far from Alliance territory, they were destroyed in order to divert the Empire from the actual location.
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion