- "If somethin' this tasty is only her second-best seller, Kat's got some serious skill with the spice."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Saka Salt was a seasoning mix made by Kat Saka, the owner of the food stall Kat Saka's Kettle in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. She used the seasoning, which was a brown powder, to flavor some of the popped corn she made from the grains grown on her family's farm. It was her second best seller after the popular Outpost Mix.
After the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs became a regular customer of Saka, she shared the recipe for her Saka Salt with him but refused to divulge how she made Outpost Mix no matter how much he coaxed her. Tuggs then included the recipe for Saka Salt, which he considered tasty, in his recipe book The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook in 34 ABY. The book also included a recipe for Kat's Kettle Corn, one of Saka's signature dishes, stating that it could be made with just about any seasoning or eaten plain, but suggesting either Saka Salt or Nerfsteak Seasoning.
Behind the scenes
Saka Salt was one of the recipes included in the 2019 Star Wars cookbook, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe combines red salt with garam masala.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.