Although located near the astrographic center of Hutt Space, the indigenous Sakiyans resisted any attempt at takeover by the Hutts. Employing advanced repulsorlift technology highly valued by the Hutts, the Sakiyans had meticulous evacuation plans that they constantly revised, allowing them to quickly transport people, resources, and supplies to safety, and allowing them to conduct hit-and-run attacks against the invaders until they withdrew. Their vigilance and mobility repulsed invasions from the Sith, the Tion Hegemony, and the Hutts.
Around the time the Eternal Empire ruled the galaxy, several Hutt Cartel warehouses were burned to the ground in a brief slave revolt, leaving nothing but scorched ruins behind. The Hutts subsequently attempted to bring the Sakiyans back into line.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children (First mentioned)
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- "Rogues Gallery: Who's Who: The Bounty Hunters!"—Star Wars Insider 132
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Lords of Nal Hutta