- "In the winter months, Ewoks have been known to hunt the six-legged kublag, usin' it's meat to make a rich stew that can feed an entire village. They like to thicken the broth with raventhorn root and ground-apple stock, but my variation uses a unique spice blend that I picked up from the Sakiyan food market on Tatooine awhile back."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
The Sakiyan food market was an establishment in the city of Mos Gofti on the planet Tatooine. At some point during the Imperial Era, the droid LA-R1 passed through an alleyway between the market and Kresslyn's Cantina. A while before 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs purchased a unique spice blend from the Sakiyan food market to use in his Kublag Curry. After publishing his first cookbook in that year, Tuggs included a mention of the food market in his second cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook, accompanying a recipe for Kublag Curry. The market shared its name with the Sakiyans, a sentient species.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- "An Old Hope"—Life Day Treasury
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY. Since The Life Day Cookbook was published after The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, and Strono Tuggs mentions that he visited the market "awhile back," he must have visited before 34 ABY.