- "Captain Alyord Smythe. First Lieutenant Denn Maskar. Second Lieutenant Samnel Peers. Second Lieutenant—"
"What? What is it? […]"
"They're all dead. I'd forgotten, is all."
- ―Shakara Nuress and Nath Tensent
Samnel Peers was a human TIE fighter pilot and second lieutenant in the Galactic Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing. Six months before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Peers was part of a squadron of twelve TIE pilots loaned to the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Sanction to defend the Trenchenovu shipyards. Peers' squadron nearly obliterated an attacking squadron of rebel BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bombers, with only the rebel pilot Nath Tensent fleeing with his life. Peers died sometime in the following seven months.
- "How can they all be dead?"
"Seven months is a long time for a TIE pilot."
"But your guys were good."
- ―Nath Tensent and Shakara Nuress discuss Peers' squadron
During the Galactic Civil War, the human Samnel Peers served as a TIE fighter pilot in the Galactic Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing with the rank of second lieutenant. Six months before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Peers was among a squadron of twelve TIE pilots which were lent to the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Sanction by 204th Colonel Shakara Nuress to protect the Trenchenovu shipyards against an expected Rebel Alliance attack.
During the rebel attack, Peers' squadron ambushed the attacking squadron of BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bombers during its bombing run on the Trenchenovu shipyards. The Sanction cut the bombers off from their initial escape attempt, and so the rebels flew through the shipyards to the other side of them. Peers and the other TIE pilots chased the rebel bombers, whittling down their enemies' numbers until Nath Tensent, the sole rebel survivor, escaped into hyperspace.
Peers perished within the following seven months after the battle at Trenchenovu, along with the other eleven TIE pilots who had fought at the shipyards. After those seven months, Tensent confronted Nuress at gunpoint, asking for the names of those who had massacred his squadron so that he could get revenge on them. After he learned that the twelve pilots, including Peers, were already dead, Tensent fatally shot Nuress instead when she confirmed that she had approved the Peers' squadron's deployment to Trenchenovu.
Behind the scenes
- Alphabet Squadron (First mentioned, simultaneous with Alphabet Squadron audiobook)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall (Indirect mention only)
- Shadow Fall audiobook (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Alphabet Squadron establishes that Samnel Peers died between the battle at Trenchenovu, which took place six months before the Battle of Endor, and the attack on Pandem Nai, which occurred around seven months after Trenchenovu, thus around a month after Endor. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY, so Peers must have perished around 4 ABY.
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition establishes that all TIE fighter pilots of the Galactic Empire were humans.
- Alphabet Squadron
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas