The Sanctuary Pipeline was a top secret Imperial hyperspace route used during the Galactic Civil War, built using a technology known as S-thread boosters. The Alliance to Restore the Republic learned of the route's existence and used it to move the Alliance Fleet from the planet Sullust to the Forest Moon of Endor, where they launched the Battle of Endor that successfully destroyed the DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station and killed Darth Sidious, the ruler of the Empire. Numerous rebel leaders were awed after learning of the route's existence, knowing that such an endeavor would normally bankrupt several star systems.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Appears in hologram) (First identified as Sanctuary Pipeline)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Highlights of the Saga: The Second Death Star)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Highlights of the Saga: Assault on Endor)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Tarkin places Sullust, where Moving Target establishes the Pipeline begins, in the Sullust sector. Therefore, the Pipeline must pass through that sector.
- Ultimate Star Wars places the Endor system, which Moving Target establishes the Empire was accessing via the Pipeline, in the Moddell sector, meaning the Pipeline must pass through that sector.
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi