The sand skitter was a small, furry rodent-like creature native to the deserts of the planet Tatooine that was distinguishable for its four eyes; two on its head, and two additional eyes supported by eye stalks. The fur color ranged from black to brown.[source?] They ate plant roots, insects, and garbage if they lived in urban areas.[source?] They were considered pests, due to their habit of chewing through electrical cables (they mistook it for plant roots) and their tendency to carry disease.[source?] Harmless and easily caught by a quick, long tongue, it was one of the favored preys of the worrt. When under distress or frightened, they utter a high-pitched cry, similar to that of the Gorgs or Klatooine paddy frogs.
Behind the scenesEdit
The sand skitter was named by the Lucasfilm-sanctioned Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack - Inclusive Edition, by Sideshow Collectibles.
- Rebel Force: Trapped (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire audio book
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- The Art of Star Wars Galaxy: Volume Two (Picture only)
- The Star Wars Rules Companion (Picture only) (p. 40)
- Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack Sixth Scale Figure at Sideshow Collectibles.