- "There's always a bigger fish."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Sando aqua monsters were enormous, muscular predators that could be found in the oceans and lakes of Naboo. Although they could grow up to 200 meters, they were rarely seen. Thanks to their sharp teeth, they were capable of biting through the strong armor of the opee sea killers.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Measuring between 160 and 200 meters in length, the sando aqua monsters owed their name to their gigantic size. Despite that, they managed to hide in their native oceanic depths. Sandos had heavily muscled bodies that looked almost feline, with strong limbs ending in finned claws that propelled them through the depths.
Their huge mouths allowed them to swallow most other creatures of the Abyss in a single gulp. Using their razor-sharp teeth, they were also the only predators capable of biting through the hard shells of the opee sea killers.
The sando aqua monsters hailed from Naboo, a Mid Rim planet whose core comprised a network of underwater tunnels. Although the Gungans, the sentient amphibians native to Naboo, rarely encountered living specimens, there were reports of washed-up sando corpses on beaches. For most inhabitants of Naboo, the sando aqua monster was more of a terrifying myth than a reality.
At some point during the reign of Queen Padmé Amidala, two poachers captured a baby sando aqua monster and hid it in the royal boathouse, prompting its mother to lay siege to the building. The Queen herself intervened, setting the young creature free so it could swim away with its genitrix.
Sando aqua monsters in the galaxyEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Monster Misunderstanding"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master" (Appears as graffiti)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- (First identified as sando aqua monster)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Monster Misunderstanding"