The Sanity Skip was a hyperspace route located in the Outer Rim Territories that linked the Kessel sector planet Kessel with the world Oseon, which was located within the region known as the Centrality. Kessel acted as a junction from the Sanity Skip on to both the Kessel Run and Pabol Sleheyron trade routes.
At some point prior to 10 BBY, the pirate queen Maz Kanata marked the Sanity Skip as one of the "real" trade routes to be used by smugglers, as opposed to the official routes, on a map that she included in the book known as the Smuggler's Guide.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars establishes that Kessel is located in the Kessel sector. As Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide establishes that Kessel is part of the Sanity Skip route, the route must also pass into the Kessel sector.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor shows that Kessel is part of the Kessel Run. As Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide establishes that Kessel is also part of the Sanity Skip, the planet must act as a junction between the two hyperspace routes.
- Kessel is part of the Pabol Sleheyron. As Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide establishes that Kessel is also part of the Sanity Skip, the planet must act as a junction between the two hyperspace routes. shows that
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- The entry in Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide mentioning the Sanity Skip is placed chronologically prior to an entry written by the criminal Tobias Beckett. Solo: A Star Wars Story depicts Beckett's death on the planet Savareen, and Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Savareen in the film to nine years after the proclamation of the New Order. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the proclamation to 19 BBY, Beckett's death must occur in 10 BBY, and so his entry in the guide and those chronologically before it must all be set prior to or during 10 BBY.