Sar Labooda was a Force-sensitive human female Jedi who served the Jedi Order prior to the Clone Wars. Her sister, Depa Billaba, was a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council during the final years of the Galactic Republic. In 22 BBY, Labooda joined Mace Windu's Jedi assault team in an effort to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Separatist world of Geonosis. She was among the Jedi casualties who died during the Battle of Geonosis.
During the Separatist Crisis, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured on Geonosis while investigating the Confederacy of Independent Systems. To rescue the captive Jedi, Jedi Master Mace Windu led a team to Geonosis. The team included Labooda. The arrival of the Jedi led to the beginnings of the Battle of Geonosis, where the Jedi engaged the Separatist Droid Army. Labooda was killed during the battle.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Sar Labooda first appeared in the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The character was originally intended to be Depa Billaba. However, the actress used to replace Billaba's portrayer, Dipika O'Neill Joti, looked too dissimilar to Billaba. This led to the creation of Labooda as a separate character.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded identifies Sar Labooda's sister, Depa Billaba, as a human, therefore it can be deduced that Labooda is of the same race.
- ↑ "Star Wars Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 67