- "Some of us don't consider loyalty to be outmoded."
- ―Virgilio to Borsk Fey'lya
Biography[edit | edit source]
Virgilio was a member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Prior to the Battle of Endor he served as third officer on a Corellian Gunship. His ship rescued the six remaining members of a Bothan Spynet team that had been working in the Outer Rim Territories. Impressed by their bravery he became a strong supporter of the Bothans, and of Councilor Borsk Fey'lya.
During the Thrawn crisis, Virgilio, now promoted to Captain, commanded the EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Quenfis, part of the Home Guard Fleet. Borsk Fey'lya sent him to arrest Han Solo and his companions during the Katana fleet incident. During the conflict Fey'lya was tricked into revealing his true intentions, and Virgilio proved himself loyal to the New Republic by supporting Solo and Rogue Squadron in the ensuing battle.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
According to his entry in the Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (and republished in The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook), it was his ship that recovered the Bothans carrying the Death Star II plans, conflicting with Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- "The Saga Begins"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- Dark Force Rising (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook, p. 13