- "My sources tell me that Fleet Admiral Sartan of the Seventh Fleet is going to be replaced soon. Batonn is just the kind of victory that could put you in line for that command."
- ―Arihnda Pryce, to Thrawn
Sartan was an individual who held the military rank of Fleet Admiral within the Imperial Navy of the Galactic Empire, and served as the commanding officer of the Seventh Fleet until around the year 2 BBY as a member of the Imperial Navy's officer corps. Imperial Governor Arihnda Pryce of the Lothal sector heard that Sartan was to soon be replaced, and recommended the position to Admiral Thrawn following his victory on the Outer Rim planet Batonn against a group of insurgents. After Thrawn was promoted to the prestigious rank of Grand Admiral, he was given command of the Seventh Fleet, replacing Sartan.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn (First mentioned, simultaneous with Thrawn audiobook)
- Thrawn audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn 6 (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Dawn of Rebellion establishes that Imperial officers of the Imperial Navy were members of the Imperial Navy's officer corps. As an Imperial Navy officer, Sartan must have been a member of the corps.
- Dawn of Rebellion dates the events of Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow seventeen years after the end of the Clone Wars, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY; therefore, the events of Steps Into Shadow must have taken place in 2 BBY. Since the promotion of Mitth'raw'nuruodo to Grand Admiral and placement as the commanding officer of the Seventh Fleet took place almost immediately before the events of Steps Into Shadow per Thrawn, it can be deduced that Mitth'raw'nuruodo's promotion was around that time.