Sateen Vestswe was a Human male from Alderaan. He was Bail Organa's loyal bodyguard. The Vestswe family had served the royal family for over forty generations. Sateen was trained by Giles Durane, the "Weapons Master".
The Human male named Sateen Vestswe was born on the Core World of Alderaan during the last decades of the Galactic Republic. For over forty generations before him, his family had dutifully served the Royal House of Alderaan, and he was no exception to that tradition. He became both a senatorial aide and a bodyguard to Prince Consort Bail Prestor Organa, who represented the Alderaan sector in the Galactic Senate of the Republic. In order to become a crack shot with a hold-out blaster, Vestswe trained under Giles Durane, a good-hearted idealist who was known as the "Weapons Master." Vestswe followed Senator Organa on the galactic capital of Coruscant during the Clone Wars, a three-year conflict that raged on from 22 to 19 BBY, under the rule of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
At the end of the Clone Wars, Palpatine let his true colors show. He established a new, autocratic regime and decreed that all Jedi should be massacred. Being a Jedi sympathizer, Bail Organa decided to help two survivors, Jedi Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi, reach their ruined headquarters and recalibrate the homing signal telling all Jedi to return home because the war was over. Vestswe and the rest of Organa's aides accompanied the senator and his Jedi friends. After landing on Coruscant, the group encountered a Senate Guard who tried to take custody of the Jedi, which Master Kenobi prevented by using a mind trick on the weak-minded guard.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
Sateen Vestswe was to appear in the 2005 movie Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, in which he was played by Scott Mewett. While Mewett's only scene was left on the cutting room's floor, it did appear in the movie's novelization. Although Vestswe's name was not referred to by name, the narrative mentioned "the Senator [Bail Organa] and his aides."
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (Unnamed)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook (Unnamed)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars (First identified as Sateen Vestswe)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 304 ("Vestswe, Sateen")
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- The New Essential Chronology