Saturday Night Live (often abbreviated SNL) is a comedy-variety TV series created by Lorne Michaels. It has aired new episodes on NBC since 1975. Over the years, the show has included a number of sketches tied into the Star Wars films, often featuring various cast members.
- In the January 28, 1978 episode, Bill Murray sings (as his "Nick The Louge Singer" character) a song about Star Wars set to the tune of the Star Wars Main Title.
- Carrie Fisher hosted the the November 18, 1978 dressed as Leia Organa, and later appeared in a sketch as the character.
- A sketch in the January 11, 1997 episode parodies the audition process for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- In the March 15, 1997 episode, Mark Hamill stars in a home shopping parody in which the hosts try to sell him among a line of Star Wars merchandise.
- In the May 8, 1999 episode, "The Ladies' Man" (Tim Meadows) asks Monica Lewinski how big the opening box office for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace will be. In the same episode, Jimmy Fallon sings a song about the movie during "Weekend Update."
- In the May 15 episode, Tim Meadows plays Billy Dee Williams during "Weekend Update."
In the January 12, 2002 episode, Daryl Hammond plays George Lucas, who addresses fan concerns over the upcoming Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The sketch also featured Obi-Wan Kenobi (Seth Meyers), Mace Windu (Tracy Morgan) and NSYNC (played by various actors, including Jimmy Fallon).
- In the February 5, 2005 episode, Tina Fey plays Leia Organa in a sketch answering calls for a "nerd hotline."
- In the May 21, 2005 episode, there is a sketch in which a group of costumed fans are at a theater to see Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
- In the March 29, 2014 episode, Louis C.K. plays a man concerned that there is a Darth Vader action figure in his anus. This starts a trend where others in the office start showing concern for the same thing.
- In the September 27 episode, there is a segment with Chris Pratt dressed as Leia Organa.
- In the December 6 episode, there is a parody of the teaser for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which pokes fun at the ages of Han, Lando, Leia and Luke.
- In the November 21, 2015 episode, there is a new version of the Star Wars auditions, this time featuring cast from The Force Awakens.
- In the December 12 episode, there is a mock commercial for Star Wars toys, in which adult collectors are parodied.
- Natalie Portman returned as host for the February 3, 2018 episode. She appears in an updated version of her 2006 rap—at one point defending the prequel trilogy while dressed as Queen Amidala.
- A sketch was produced but cut for the March 3 episode, in which J.J. Abrams introduces a preview for an upcoming standalone film called "The Mos Eisley Five: A Star Wars Story."
- Donald Glover hosted the May 5 episode. He appeared in a sketch as Lando Calrissian, alongside Saw Gerrera (again played by Kenan Thompson) and Max Rebo.
- Adam Driver returned as host for the September 29th episode, which was the debut of the show's 44th season.
- Adam Driver hosted the January 25, 2020 episode. Driver follows up the Undercover Boss sketch by playing Kylo Ren (now disguised as "Randy") in Undercover Boss: Where Are They Now.