The Saurin were a species of sentient reptiles from the planet of Durkteel, in the Mid Rim of the galaxy. They had imposing, jagged teeth, had knobby skin, and ridges along the length of their heads. On the day Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker met Han Solo and Chewbacca in the cantina of Mos Eisley, there were two Saurin patrons in the bar. A Saurin named Gauron Nas Tal was a resident of Jabba the Hutt's palace. He worked as a combat trainer for Jabba. Even though Gauron worked for Jabba, he planned to kill him.
Behind the scenes
Two Saurins appeared in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, during the bar scene. On set, they were simply known as "Crockers" or "Gila-Men," but one of them was to have been given the proper name of "Gilaass."
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Courtiers) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as Saurin)