- "This business is called Savi and Sons Salvage, not My First Priority Is My Other Job."
- ―Savi, to Vi Moradi
Savi's Workshop was a store located in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. It was operated in secret by Savi and the Gatherers, a group of Jedi admirers who hoped to bring balance to the Force by teaching people the ways of the Jedi Order and helping them create their own custom lightsabers with parts the Gatherers salvaged from Jedi temples. Because the First Order occupiers of Batuu were not fond of the group's ideals, the store was operated in secret, with Savi & Son Salvage being the name advertised to the public. The Gatherers left the workshop for a time to "Seek out scrap metal".
Behind the scenesEdit
Savi's Workshop is one of the experiences at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, where visitors at the park can build their own custom lightsaber. It is not open to the general public, but is by appointment only. One of four styles of lightsaber is selected, and from those styles, the visitor customizes their own lightsaber. The styles are Power and Control, Protection and Defense, Peace and Justice and Elemental Nature. Participants are then given a collectible pin to signify which of the four styles they selected. In universe, the pin symbolizes they are not a First Order spy. Once inside, participants select the color of their kyber crystal—blue, green, purple or red—and are then guided through constructing the hilt, after which a ceremony of activating the blade is held. The lightsaber blades provided are 31 inches in length, as opposed to the 36 or 26 inch lengths offered for sale in Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities.
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Galaxy's Edge 1 (First canonical appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge 5
- A Crash of Fate (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Savi's Workshop
- Star Wars: Datapad
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
- (First pictured)
- (First identified as Savi's Workshop)
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Breznican, Anthony (2019-02-27). A guide to the shops of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Dok-Ondar's antiques, Savi's lightsabers, and Mobu's droid depot. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on August 7, 2020. Retrieved on February 28, 2019.
- ↑ This information is from JMAS's personal experience at Galaxy's Edge on March 4, 2020.
- Savi's Workshop page at official Disneyland website
- Savi's Workshop page at official Walt Disney World website