The scatter gun was a low-velocity slugthrower that fired a spray of solid pellets when fired. It could often hit multiple targets or eliminate one target with a single blast. However, its damage decreased as range to the target increased, since the pellets scattered if fired from too far away; this made the weapon more suited for close-quarters combat.
The scatter gun was common on backwater worlds where slugthrowers were still the predominant weapon of choice. The gun was cheap and so was its ammunition; 10 shells each cost 2 credits and weighed 0.1 kilograms. Its low manufacturing cost and utility as a hunting weapon helped maintain its popularity. Mercenaries, marines, and other soldiers sometimes carried a scatter gun as a backup weapon.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Planet of Twilight (First appearance)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (as scatterblaster) (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Core Set (Card: Trandoshan Hunter) (as "scattergun")
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Core Set (Card: Trandoshan Hunter (Elite)) (as "scattergun")
- Fly Casual