Scimitar 2 was a TIE/sa bomber manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems assigned to Scimitar Squadron—a starfighter squadron of the Imperial Navy—during the uprising of Rebel forces against the Galactic Empire. Flown as a top cover flier for bombing runs by Captain Jonus, it was nearly destroyed during the search for the Millennium Falcon after the Battle of Hoth, then repaired and later stationed on the second Death Star, the Empire's mobile battlestation under construction above the Endor moon.
Scimitar 2 was the designation of a TIE/sa bomber manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems as part of its TIE Series bomber line of starfighters, and received subsequent enhancements and modifications to improve performance in various assignments.
During its operation with Scimitar Squadron of the Imperial Navy, a bomber squadron that employed the use of proton torpedoes and proton bombs, Scimitar 2 had its targeting systems calibrated with the rest of the squadron to track fast-moving Rebel starfighters and, later, was further equipped with advanced targeting systems to increase damage during planetary bombardment.
In 3 ABY, Scimitar 2 was flown by Captain Jonus of Scimitar Squadron during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire. It was one of the starfighters assigned to hunt down the Millennium Falcon, a YT-1300 freighter that was pursued through an asteroid field following the routing of the Rebel base on Hoth. During the search in the Anoat system, Scimitar 2 barely escaped being devoured by a space slug, and was eventually struck and damaged by an asteroid. Following the collision, it was repaired and stationed at Endor aboard the second Death Star—the Empire's second mobile battlestation orbiting the forest moon while under construction—just before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
In July 2000, Scimitar 2 appeared as ship card in the Death Star II Limited expansion of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, produced by Decipher, Inc.. The card could be linked in play to its corresponding pilot card, featuring Captain Jonus. On November 14, 2007, WizKids Games released the Ground Assault expansion of the Star Wars PocketModel TCG, which featured a Scimitar TIE Bomber ship unit. The miniature displayed attributes that were standard for bombers of the squadron that Scimitar 2 was assigned to.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Jonus) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Scimitar 2) (First pictured)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Ground Assault (Card: Scimitar Squadron TIE bomber)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Scimitar 2)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Jonus)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Ground Assault (Card: Scimitar Squadron TIE bomber)
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Scimitar Squadron TIE)
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Scimitar 1)