- "Before Arcann's betrayal, Zakuul was protected by two orders: the Knights, and Scions who see visions of the past and future."
"Fate is a tale whispered to us by the Force. But the voices are silent about you. We must know why."
- ―Senya Tirall and Heskal
The Scions of Zakuul, commonly known simply as the Scions, was a division of the Knights of Zakuul who possessed the ability to see the future through the Force and were infatuated with the idea of destiny. They believed in their visions to the point of fanaticism, as opposed to Jedi, who believe that the future is constantly in motion and only comes in pieces. Early in his reign over the Eternal Empire, Valkorion developed the Scions within the Knights and used their visions to locate the dormant Eternal Fleet. Scions were often paired with standard Knights to form a team with both physical and mental prowess, but after Valkorion's son Arcann—who detested the Scions—became Emperor, he ordered the mass slaughter of the Scions, nearly wiping them out. Heskal and a group of Scions were among those who survived, and they took refuge on Asylum until they aided the Outlander. The Scions put the Outlander through a series of combat tests and questioned their intentions before ultimately learning that Valkorion had survived within the Outlander's mind. However, Heskal later killed most of his group after they discovered he had summoned Arcann to Asylum in order to fulfill his vision; nonetheless, the remaining Scions remained loyal to the Outlander and planned to aid the Outlander's Alliance when it was necessary.
The Scions would only reappear on the world of Iokath, helping the Outlander defeat the machine god Tyth. Several of them also joined the Order of Zildrog against the Alliance. After the Outlander defeated the Order, the Scions offered their apologies for the actions of their rogue comrades.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter VI: Asylum
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Codex Entry: "Scions of Zakuul"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ According to the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation, the Treaty of Coruscant collapsed in 3642 BBY, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire states that Choza Raabat disappeared two years before that, or 3644 BBY. The game also establishes that Raabat's disappearance occurred twelve years before the events of Fallen Empire, so Chapters II-VII of Fallen Empire must take place in 3632 BBY, and Chapter I—which takes place five years prior to the rest of the expansion—in 3637 BBY. Chapter IX and the post-chapter content span a number of months, between the years 3632 and 3631 BBY.
- ↑ The events of Knights of the Eternal Throne can be placed in approximately 3631 BBY as companion conversations at the end of the story state that the carbon freezing events, established to happen in 3637 BBY, happened 6 years prior.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Codex Entry: "Eternal Fleet"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter VIII: Taking Flight