- "A scout transmitter."
"Don't worry, little friend…"
"We just want to know whom you're reporting to."
- ―ZED-6-7 and a scout transmitter
Scout transmitters were a type of minuscule spy droid that was in use during the Galactic Civil War. They were very small, able to fit into the palm of an analysis droid's hand. The devices were circular in shape with green plating, and could be attached to walls to silently observe, though they were capable of producing a type of audible speech to communicate with other droids.
After Padmé Amidala's mysterious death in 19 BBY, the senator's former handmaiden Sabé broke into Amidala's apartment on the planet Coruscant to gather surveillance footage, leaving a scout transmitter behind. In 3 ABY, the Sith Lord Darth Vader and his forensics droid ZED-6-7 entered the apartment and encountered the droid while looking for clues relating to the senator's death. ZED-6-7 analyzed the scout to determine whom it was working for, though the transmitter protested. The data they extracted from the droid led them to a compound on the planet Vendaxa, where they came face-to-face with Sabé.
Behind the scenesEdit
Scout transmitters appeared in Darth Vader 1, the first issue of the comic-book series Star Wars: Darth Vader. The issue was written by Greg Pak, illustrated by Raffaele Ienco, and published by Marvel Comics on February 5, 2020.
- Darth Vader 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Darth Vader 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Darth Vader 2
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ The events of Darth Vader 1 are set shortly after Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, the events of which are dated to 3 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded