Scout troopers, also known as biker scouts and Imperial sharpshooters, were specially trained stormtroopers of the Imperial Army's Stormtrooper Corps. They were used by the Galactic Empire on a range of missions, which mostly involved reconnaissance. They had lighter armor than standard stormtroopers, much like their urban counterparts, patrol stormtroopers.
Succeeding the clone scout troopers of the Galactic Republic, scout troopers provided excellent long-range fire for their stormtrooper counterparts.[source?] During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, scout troopers encountered the Spectres on Lothal. Scout troopers could be found aboard Darth Vader's personal fleet, Death Squadron. One of the scout troopers' priorities were to aid the Sith Lord in crushing the Rebel Alliance along with its sympathizers and secret allies.
Scout troopers notably protected the Death Star's shield generator on Endor in 4 ABY, which shielded the construction of the Death Star II over the forest moon. Their presence was due to the remoteness of the shield bunker, which necessitated speeder bikes; and the thick forest environment, which demanded quick reflexes to traverse the landscape at high speeds. At least four scout troopers encountered Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa, and Chewbacca whilst on patrol. Scout troopers would later participate in the Battle of Endor. They later participated in the Battle of Jakku.
Equipped with light armor for greater mobility and optics in their helmets that allowed faster reaction times when piloting speeder bikes, scout troopers were expert marksmen, trained in reconnaissance and infiltration as well as additional independence and adaptability than most Imperial troops. They commonly utilized 614-AvA speeder bikes, and later 74-Z speeder bikes, as well as All Terrain Recon Transports. Scout troopers could carry an EC-17 hold-out blaster and shock grenades. Also within their ranks were the sniper troopers, specialists trained to use smoke grenades and the E-11s long-range blaster. Their helmets could also be retracted up while still being worn, allowing the wearer's face to be revealed.
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ The Planets of Star Wars Battlefront. ea.com (November 5, 2015). Archived from the original on December 1, 2018. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- ↑ Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander