The scrange was the apex predator of Dagobah, attacking its prey with a great ferocity. Scranges were beaked and had many bioluminescent patches on their body, arranged in a ridge along its spine. When prey got close, attracted by the lights, the scrange would lift out of the mud on its six crustacean-like hind legs to make a quick attack or it would use its four tail tusks to impale its prey.
Scranges somehow found their way to several worlds. During the Clone Wars Battle of Brentaal IV, a scrange attacked Jedi Master Shaak Ti and her crew of Quinlan Vos, Lyshaa, Ryyk, Sagoro Autem, and a clone trooper. The predator was able to kill Ryyk, but was killed by Ti when she pierced its head with her lightsaber.
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First mentioned)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG9-10, Dagobah Swamp Creatures)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Nexus of Power