Scrapjaw Motito was a diminutive scavenger who lived on the planet of Jakku approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. One day, in Niima Outpost, the scavenger came to disturb Rey while she was cleaning her latest findings at the washing tables speaking to her in an alien dialect. Motito was overheard by the scavenger Hoogenz, who laughed at what Motito said.
Behind the scenes
Scrapjaw Motito first appeared in the 2015 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The character's name was first revealed by Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter in 2016, but would not be used in a canon source until 2019 when it appeared in the Datapad app available within the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge area of Disneyland Park.
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens audiobook
- Star Wars: Datapad (First identified as Scrapjaw Motito)