The scurrier was a rodent native to Tatooine, and was considered a pest by the locals of Mos Eisley, Mos Espa and Mos Gamos. Scurriers had horns on their heads. Those of a male were thick and curved, while those of a female were thin and straight.
Scurriers were small omnivores with an appetite for garbage. They would scavenge in trash heaps in search of food and material for their nests. They were known to find their way aboard docked freighters and transports, thus propagating the scurrier population across the galaxy; they were even found on stations like Outland Transit Station. Worse, scurriers had a penchant for picking apart machinery, a trait that was hardly welcome on a cargo- or passenger-filled transport.
Apart from this dangerous habit, scurriers posed only a marginal threat to sentients. Though they would fiercely defend their territory, scurriers usually fled at the first sign of danger (say, a passing landspeeder), able only to call upon a high-pitched squeak and a painful bite to use against advancing predators like anoobas and womp rats. Their bite sometimes carried an unusual disease known as Scurrier Disease. In spite of this, scurrier tips were a Hutt delicacy, referred to as "scuzzi spits" in their language.
Scurriers traveled in packs of around thirty, and were often found hanging out with jakrabs and known to appropriate burrows of abandoned profogg towns. Occasionally, they would steal from food storage chambers in unabandoned profogg-occupied profogg towns, intent on taking the profoggs' collected underground molo seeds.
Behind the scenes
- "What was that? Guess it was a scurrier."
- Episode I Adventures 7: Capture Arawynne
- Episode I Adventures 8: Trouble on Tatooine
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier (bonus content only)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (cut content, Unreal Editor only)
- "Sandbound on Tatooine"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- "The Hovel on Terk Street"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Empire 8
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Mentioned only)
- "Sandstorm"—Star Wars Tales 15 (Mentioned only)
- Oh!! Jawajawa
- "Best Birthday Ever"—Star Wars Tales 16
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (falsely identified as womp rats)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (falsely identified as womp rats)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Scurrier) (backup link) (First identified as Scurrier)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 114 (TAT60, Tatooine Wildlife)
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Scurrier Pet) (backup link)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Unknown Regions
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side