- "Are we growing closer to your planned point of egress? The probability of your death increases with every second we remain subterranean."
- ―Drusil Bephoran to Luke Skywalker
A second was a short unit of time measurement. Around 232 BBY, when the Tempest Runner Kassav Milliko suggested he relax and focus on an ongoing Nihil celebration instead of business, the Eye of the Nihil, Marchion Ro, stared at the Weequay for a full three seconds.
When Zare Leonis and Nazhros Oleg were conducting a sweep as part of a crackdown on illicit activities on Lothal, Oleg rang a call buzzer at a house for a full five seconds and then gave its occupant sixty seconds to come outside. When Drusil Bephorin and Luke Skywalker were trying to escape from agents of the Imperial Security Bureau, Bephorin wordily noted that Skywalker's chances of dying increased the longer they remained below-ground.
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 42 (Highlights of the Saga: Infiltrating Starkiller Base)
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 58 (Weapons & Uniforms: 2-1Bs in the Galaxy)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 61 (Highlights of the Saga: Escaping Cloud City)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 65 (Helmets: Tam Posla)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Databank A-Z: Mace Windu)
Notes and references
- "Starlight: Hidden Danger"—Star Wars Insider 203–204
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon, which is depicted as part of the events of The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Heir to the Jedi