- "They can't have survived, Master."
"No, Padawan. I sense both Jedi somewhere nearby. I will go and find them. I want you to find the Jin'ha facility and discover the source of their weapons technology. We can still turn defeat into victory."
- ―Kenobi and Jinn, after finding the wrecked starship
A mission to Obredaan was launched in 32 BBY in response to the failure of a previous mission. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn were assigned to rescue Jedi Masters Plo Koon and Eeth Koth from the Jin'ha. They then discovered the Jin'ha were mining cortosis and stole a sample before escaping.
In 32 BBY, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi fought mercenaries and Jin'ha warriors on Coruscant. He defeated the arms dealers before they started a war on the planet. The Jedi High Council then sent two Jedi Masters, Plo Koon and Eeth Koth, to Obredaan to investigate the Jin'ha. After contact was lost, the council then sent Kenobi and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, to rescue the two Jedi.
Kenobi and Jinn then infiltrated the Jin'ha mining camp. While Jinn rescued the two masters, Kenobi discovered that the Jin'ha were mining cortosis and stole a sample of the metal, which was able to block the weapon of the Jedi, the lightsaber. The four Jedi rendezvoused outside of the camp and defeated the remaining warriors. Plo Koon later revealed that he had noticed large-scaled production facility during his captivity.
- "What was that?"
"A Trade Federation gunship."
"Well, what's it doing here?"
"I don't know."
- ―Obi-wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn
A Trade Federation gunship then flew overhead, suggesting to the Jedi a link between the Trade Federation and the Jin'ha. Kenobi and Jinn debriefed the Jedi Council, and Windu told them the Council would directly deal with the Jin'ha, as the implications of weapons able to combat the Jedi were disturbing. A few weeks later, the Trade Federation betrayed the Jedi Council's trust and blockaded the planet of Naboo. Further investigation by Kenobi revealed that the Jin'ha were in fact mining cortosis for the Trade Federation. Jinn and Kenobi were assigned to secret negotiations with the Federation leadership.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan (First appearance)
- Obi-Wan: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 8 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 164 ("Jin'ha")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 402 ("Obredaan")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- ↑ Shatterpoint (novel)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The first two chapters of Star Wars: Obi-Wan take place a few weeks before the Invasion of Naboo, which The Essential Reader's Companion places in 32 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 402 ("Obredaan")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 164 ("Jin'ha")
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace