- "The distress signal is coming from here—Meridian sector, Cybloc system."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
A sector, also known as a planetary sector, was an area of space framed by an artificial, conventional boundary. A single sector contained a number of solar systems. Sectors were also regional political divisions. The galaxy was divided into a little over 1,000 sectors.
Under the rule of the Galactic Empire, individual sectors were placed under the authority of a Moff, or sector governor. Several sectors could be regrouped into an Oversector governed by a Grand Moff.
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide