A security spike or slicing spike was an electronic device used to bypass electronic security measures, usually to open the electronic lock of a door or container. It was similar to the more advanced computer spike. Many security spikes could only be used once.
Behind the scenesEdit
Security spikes only appear in the Knights of the Old Republic computer game and its sequel, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords where they are used to give a bonus to the character's Security skill when attempting to unlock doors.
Security spikes—due to a coding error—in Knights of the Old Republic did not work; however, they could be bought and acquired.
They can be made by Mission Vao aboard the Ebon Hawk for free.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (First identified as slicing spike)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia